The workout program for Fire and Police occupational athletes has been updated for the next couple weeks. Again, this is in the form of the “Program Builder” brought to you by FIT Launch to provide you some flexibility in designing your specific program to meet your equipment and time constraints.
We will be placing a bit more emphasis on Strength and Power this cycle. To accomplish this we are introducing the concept of ‘Cluster Training’.
Clusters allow you to work with slightly heavier weights for a larger total volume. To perform exercises in clusters…
- Warm up and set up for the exercise
- Perform the first listed number of reps… rest 10-15 seconds
- Perform the second listed number of reps… rest 10-15 seconds
- Perform the 3rd, 4th, etc listed number of reps
- The set is complete when all repetitions are complete… rest 90-120 seconds
- Begin next set.
Only use the cluster set format for the first exercise from each category. Any additional exercises can be performed with 3-4 sets of 5 repetitions.