Home to programming designed specifically for the Snohomish High School Athlete
Ideally programming is periodized and built to peak at the beginning of each season (Fall, Winter, Spring). Moderate resistance training during the season is encouraged but should be coordinated with your coach.
The programming is for the general athlete and may require sport specific tweaking. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions on changing up the program or having your own evaluated.
To find the current SHS program select from the drop down menu
- SPORTS CONDITIONING Tab ->
- SHS ATHLETIC CONDITIONING Tab ->
- PROGRAM BUILDER Tab -> to find the current program. Pay attention to the intensity levels and especially the rest breaks between sets or super sets. Only the previous week and current weeks programs are viewable.
- TO ACCESS -> Talk to your coach or check with me email@example.com to get your access code to the Program Builder page.
- **HOW TO USE PROGRAM BUILDER – VIDEO
Athletes from 7, 8, and 9th grade should check with the coach prior to beginning these programs. We have an initial 4 week program that will be utilized to teach proper technique and build in some nerve innervations so that the body is best set to respond to resistance training efficiently and safely.
Nutrition – Always a hot topic…. A young athlete needs significant amounts of nutrient energy to make progressive improvements from a resistance program. It is rare and should only be directed by a MD or RD when a young athlete will operate under the restrictions of a “DIET”. Common sense not ‘ease’ should be your guide. Fruits and Vegetables should be plentiful, Protein with each meal from a not too terribly fatty source is a simple target. Make your plate colorful and shoot for a very small number of fast food stops.
**IMPORTANT to any exerciser but especially the athlete working toward a physical goal – consume a small amount of carbohydrate and protein within 30 minutes of your workout.
Any easy and near ideal item that fills this post workout need
A cup of CHOCOLATE MILK